Monday, September 20, 2010

Upload of Work

Here's some of my work. It's called the Bedroom Series. Also here is my latest artist statement. It's still a work in progress. I am going to add additional statements about this project in particular. These are just a few of the series, some of my favorites.

My photographs depict my struggle with clinical depression and how that affects my life, dreams, and relationships. I photograph myself in personal spaces with natural lighting to indicate time of day. The images are a mix of light and dark. The darkness is recognized as a feeling of loneliness and seclusion while the light accentuates my psychological state. For me, the images have a meditative quality and I hope to give the viewer a greater understanding of my condition. My goal is to cause others to experience a life of limitations.









1 comment:

Alex K. Barton said...

Your statement is really sounding good!